http://itechover.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ITech-Over-PNG-Logo-300x293.png 0 0 Manny http://itechover.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ITech-Over-PNG-Logo-300x293.png Manny2019-03-05 09:00:172019-03-05 07:52:04March is Workplace Eye Wellness Month
Computer Vision Syndrome, also referred to as Digital Eye Strain, describes a group of eye and vision-related problems that result from prolonged computer, tablet and cell phone use. Too much screen time and not enough breaks can cause headaches, loss of concentration, neck pain, back strain, and dry eye.
Here are some ways to help reduce computer vision syndrome and keep your eyes feeling comfortable:
- Positioning yourself at arm’s distance away from the screen for proper viewing distance when at a computer.
- Reposition your screen. Adjust your screen to be at a right
angle away from any direct light source.
- Remember the 20-20-20 rule. This rule reminds you that every 20 minutes, you should look at an object at least 20 feet away for at least 20 seconds.
- Rest your eyes for 15 minutes after two hours of continuous computer use.
- Blink often to keep your eyes moist. If they feel dry, try some eye drops.
- Increasing text size on devices to better define content on the screen